Monday 13 December 2010

How my business started

I started my business in the UK on 01st of August 1998 after finishing my Business Studies degree in College.

I was a young 23 year old that didn't know what to do when I graduated so thought I would give it a shot.

I was often led to believe that starting a business without any capital was a stupid idea as it would be difficult to get it off the ground.

Eager to put my 4 years of theory into practice it was off to the bank with a business plan. With a £2000.00 Overdraft facility and a £5000.00 loan from The Prince's Trust.

13 years later the business is going from strength to strength.

This blog is not to promote my business but to educate and inspire those graduates who think that you need to work in industry for years in order to save enough capital to start a business. I am sure that there will be many readers that may also find this blog helpful as their business grows.

At this stage I don't want to reveal the business I am in but only want to state it is a service based business. I don't claim to be an expert in every business industry but have extensive experience in the service sector.

I look at each of the areas of a small business and give my opinion and tips to help you on your journey from inception and as your business grows.

Please read each of my pages on the right hand side and decide for yourself whether starting a business is right for you. Alternatively you can click on any of the links below.

I would also be grateful for some comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment